Image Map

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

paleo shrimp scampi with angel hair


I saw a rendition of this on Pinterest and decided it looked and sounded too delicious to pass up trying.  For those of you looking to swap out pasta or carbs this recipe is perfect for you!  It was also incredibly easy to whip up!

I started with:
1 spaghetti squash
1/2lb of Raw frozen shrimp (I thawed and peeled myself, you could also buy fresh raw shrimp)
2 cloves of garlic
garlic powder
sunflower oil
salt and pepper
basil flakes



First, I cut my spaghetti squash in half (sometimes the grocery store will do this for you, that is what I recommend) and then gutting it much like a butternut squash


Season it with the sunflower oil and as much garlic powder, salt, pepper and basil flakes as you prefer.  I used my hand to spread the mixture. 

Put the half in the microwave for about 8-9 minutes.  

While the spaghetti squash is cooking (enjoy the aroma and...) peal and rinse your shrimp.



I seared the shrimp in the sunflower oil and sprinkled in some salt, pepper and basil flakes.  Once I flipped the shrimp I added in the two minced garlic cloves (you do NOT want to burn garlic, yuck!).


While your shrimp is pinking your squash will likely go off.  Take it out and use a fork to pull it apart. 



Add in the squash, mix and serve!



Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment